1. The goal of life in Hinduism is to attain salvation, or moksha
Self realisation and freedom from the cycle of death and rebirth is the final goal.
2. Hinduism actually believes in only one god, but in many forms
The people choose which form they want to follow.
3. Hinduism is the 3rd largest religion in the world, after Christianity and Islam
In fact, 90% of Hindus live in India.
4. The Rig Veda was written more than 3800 years ago, making Hinduism one of, if not the oldest religion in the world
5. 108 is a sacred number in Hinduism and it is considered auspicious
This is why malas and garlands have 108 beads. 108 is actually the ratio of the sun and the moon’s distance from the Earth.
Let us know some interesting facts about Hinduism in the comments section.