We are amazed by the fact how some food items have huge benefits but still we don’t include them in our day to day diet. Here we will be talking about one of those items- Blueberries. We hope that you will be tempted to include in your day to day diet after reading this article-
1) Strengthen Bone- Blueberries are rich in calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, manganese, zinc, and vitamin K, which help improve bone health. They also increase bone density and elasticity and contribute to maintaining the bone structure. Most people in develop bone problems after a particular age. If the eating habits are set right from an early age, it can always act as a precautionary measure to the bone issues.
2) Skin Care- Anthocyanin in blueberries is responsible for preventing oxidative DNA damage, while the abundance of vitamin C is a big factor in building collagen. This is why blueberries prevent wrinkles, age spots, and acne. Additionally, they also prevent skin damage caused by dust, pollution, smoke, and UV rays.
3) Treat Diabetes- Blueberries juice and extract improve insulin sensitivity. Blueberry is a high fiber food that is an essential part of the diabetic diet and helps lower the blood sugar levels.
4) Weight Loss- The high fiber content present in blueberries promotes digestion and weight loss. They also promote satiety, help you feel full, and reduce belly fat. One cup of blueberries contains only 15 g of carbohydrates and 84 calories. Thus, frozen or dried blueberries are great low-calorie snacks.
5) Hair Care- Blueberries help promote hair growth. Mix blueberries and olive oil, apply the blend to hair and roots and rinse with warm water to enhance hair growth.
These are some of the most important benefits of blueberries.We hope that you will be tempted to include it in your diet as it will end up providing long term benefits.