Here we go with our series where we pick up food items that have immense benefits for your health. The fruit that we have picked up today is our all time favourite- Strawberry. And yes, eating strawberries is really good for your health. Here we go with the benefits
1) Strawberries are packed with vitamins and minerals such as vitamins C and K, folate, potassium, manganese, and magnesium. They are low-calorie, fiber-rich fruits, which are abundant in antioxidants and polyphenols.  A cup of strawberries contains only 49 calories, provides 3g of fiber, and 12g of carbohydrates
2) Skin Care- Strawberries contain salicylic acid, alpha hydroxy acid (AHA), and ellagic acid, which reduce hyperpigmentation, prevent acne, and remove dead skin cells. For a face mask for glowing skin, crush 4-5 strawberries and mix it with a tablespoon of honey. Apply on the face, leave it till dry, and wash off. Strawberry moisturizing lip balms also help keep lips hydrated.
3) Anti-Aging- Vitamin C in strawberries boosts collagen production, tones the skin, and has an anti-aging effect. Also, a study showed that its extract is abundant in anthocyanins and protects against ultraviolet radiation.  Using strawberry masks regularly can keep the skin fresh and clean.
4) Boosts Immunity- Vitamin C present in strawberry boosts the immune system and helps in curing common cough and cold.  A single serving has approximately 150% of your daily requirement of vitamin
5) Weight Loss- Strawberries boost the production of the adiponectin and leptin, both of which are fat-burning hormones.  They help reduce appetite, decrease glucose, and reduce body weight and fat, all of which promote weight loss. Also, strawberry lemonade sparkling water is a natural way of flavoring water and increasing liquid intake, which also helps in shedding pounds.