With the festivities just around the corner, this recipe of kaju katli is something you cannot miss! A fuss-free, four ingredient recipe of the classic Indian sweet is simple, easy and is perfect to indulge in by both adults and kids at your next dinner party. Layered generously with molten chocolate, this kaju katli recipe is going to be a show stopper in your food spread.
- 2 1/4 Cups cashew nuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 100 ml water
- 1 cup milk chocolate or dark chocolate
How to Make Chocolate Kaju Katli
- 1.To begin making the Chocolate Kaju Katli, firstly grind the cashew nuts in a blender to make a fine powder.
- 2.Take a heavy bottomed pan, add the sugar and water to it. Place it on medium heat and bring it to boil. Once the sugar has dissolved completely, turn the heat down and allow the mixture to boil for a few minutes till it reaches a one-string consistency.
- 3.To test if it has reached the right consistency, transfer a few drops of the syrup on a clean plate, allow it to cool for 15-20 seconds and test it for the formation of a single thread between your thumb and index finger.
- 4.If the syrup has reached single thread consistency, transfer the ground cashew nut powder into the syrup and stir continuously for 4-5 minutes. The mix will gradually turn into a thick paste.
- 5.Take the mixture off the heat and allow it to cool to room temperature. As soon as the mix cools down slightly, grease your palms with a dash of ghee and start kneading the mix. Knead till it is smooth, uniform and like a dough.
- 6.Next, spread a sheet of butter paper on the counter top. Place the dough on it and roll the dough out with a rolling pin to a thickness of 5-6 mm, evenly.
- 7.Place a saucepan with water on the heat. Place a heatproof bowl over it and melt the chocolate. The heat generated in the boiling water beneath will melt the chocolate gradually. Ensure that the boiling water does not touch the heatproof bowl.
- 8.When the chocolate has melted properly, pour it over the rolled kaju katli dough and spread it evenly with the help of a spatula.
- 9.Allow it to cool for some time and then transfer it to a surface and refrigerate it for 15-20 minutes/
- 10.When the chocolate has set, you can cut the chocolate kaju katlis by making intersecting diagonal lines, so they form the trademark diamond shapes.
Try this amazing recipe on Diwali and lighten up your party.