This eggless banana bread is flavorful. The texture is beautiful and the aroma makes it irresistible. We also fold in some crushed walnuts because we love the bite they lend to the bread. You can also use some pecans and raisins. That would be so good! We love this eggless banana bread as it is but if you like, you can also top it with cream cheese frosting-
- 2 cups (240g) all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 teaspoon (4g) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (3g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (4g) cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon (2g) ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon (1g) coffee powder
- ½ cup (113g) butter, softened
- ¼ cup (50g) castor sugar
- 1+1/2 cup (450g) mashed bananas
- ½ cup (120mL) milk
- ½ cup (63g) crushed walnuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Line a 9″ X 4″ loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, coffee powder and ginger
- In a separate bowl beat butter and sugar, until the mixture is fluffy
- Mix in the bananas and use a fork to make sure it is well incorporated.
- Combine dry ingredients with the wet ingredients but do not over mix. Beat in the milk.
- Fold in the crushed walnuts. The batter will be thick.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake at 180C for 40-50 minutes.
Now this is a must try recipe!!